We are looking for an experienced engineer with a strong technical background in the field of Microfluidics, preferably with product development experience, who is highly motivated to work with team members to develop and validate new microfluidics-based products for the IVD industry.
Your primary responsibility would be building up test systems and products from the ground up to early manufacturing stage. It is essential that you are a hands-on person with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The main functions of the position are:
- Lead the design and development of microfluidic systems, considering customer requirements
- Maintain expert knowledge of state-of-the-art microfluidic designs, features, fabrication processes, and device architectures.
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with scientists and engineers to evaluate technical concepts and contribute to technical decisions to identify realistic and innovative solutions.
- Implement, analyse and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through the development pipeline.
- Maintain rigorous records capturing experimental results, design decisions, design concepts, and other similar technical information.
- Work in collaboration with the NPI team members to ensure technology transfer, during the different stages of development, in preparation for product manufacturing.
- Document progress effectively through SOPs, drawings, and specification sheets.
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with limited oversight.
- Mentor junior microfluidics engineers.
Position requirements (EDUCATION/SKILLS):
- PhD or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, or a related field (or bachelor’s with significant industry experience in engineering).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in microfluidic device design, integration and testing.
- Hands-on experience with design of self-contained microfluidic systems integrating microchannels, chambers, mixers, filters, flow control valves or other components.
- Experience in microfluidic packaging and integration solutions for fluidic interfaces, reagent storage and dispensing.
- Familiar with microfluidics manufacturing technologies including injection molding, bonding, mechanical machining, laser machining, microfabrication or other equivalent technologies.
- Experience with fluidic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation.
- Experience with Solid Works or other equivalent CAD packages.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
- Demonstrated experience solving challenging, interdisciplinary research/development problems at the interface of fluidics, biology, chemistry and materials science.
- Experience with developing test protocols/procedures, collecting and analysing data, and creating detailed reports.
- Fluency in English and have excellent communication skills.
Preferred Additional requirements:
- Experience in building medical device for sample preparation, concentration, purification, liquid handling, on-chip reagent storage and bio detection.
- Experience with ISO13485 guidelines and standards.
- Experience in diagnostics product development.
- Talent and passion for this industry.